Tomorrow we celebrate Armed Forces Day in the United States. Armed Forces Day is celebrated each year on the third Saturday of May. The day was created as a way to thank our nation’s military forces. President Harry Truman proclaimed the first Armed Forces Day on May 20, 1950.
Before the official Armed Forces Day, each branch of the military celebrated with their own individual day. Each military branch was asked to drop their individual service day and celebrate the new Armed Forces Day. The Marine Corps is the only branch who chooses to celebrate Marine Corps Day as well as Armed Forces Day.
Ways to Celebrate Armed Forces Day:
- Check for military displays in your area
- Various educational activities for children
- “Support the Troops” motorcycle rides
- Local parades or other celebrations
- Attend an Armed Forces Day open house at a military base near you
- Go to an Armed Forces Day Scout Blast at your local Boy Scout chapter
- Visit and/or contribute to the preservation of a historic site near you
- THANK A SOLDIER…on Armed Forces Day and everyday!
Northwest Exterminating would like to thank all of our brave men and women who have served in times of war and peace. Thank you for your courage, bravery and the sacrifices you have given.