Take Back Your Yard!Don’t let mosquitoes suck the fun out of your Summer!
- Breed in stagnant water such as ponds, marshes, drainage ditches, etc.
- Can be found in almost every type of landscape on Earth except deserts and the Arctic.
- Bite most often at dusk and dawn.
- Carry numerous diseases such as West Nile virus, malaria, yellow fever, dengue fever, and encephalitis.
- Cause red, itchy bumps when they bite.
OTHER PESTS TO LOOK OUT FOR:
- Eliminate areas of standing water around the home such as flower pots, bird baths, etc. Mosquitoes only need about one half inch of water to breed.
- Avoid outdoor activities between dusk and dawn.
- Wear long pants and sleeves when outdoors whenever possible.
- Use an insect repellant that contains DEET.
- Call Northwest Exterminating for a professional inspection and treatment plan for breeding sites.