Our corporate office in Marietta is seeking an enthusiastic new team member to fill the position of Director of Pest Services.
**Closing date for this job is Friday, May 18, 2012**
***Internal candidates only***
· Develops and implements pest services and training programs.
· Participates in the creation and delivery of employee development programs.
· Participates in the development of company pest services protocols.
· Provides leadership in the development and implementation of safety programs throughout the company.
· Conducts analyses of pest service products and makes recommendations regarding uses and applications.
· Supervises the pest field specialist/s.
· Conducts product research and participates in the development of products and services which ensure that Northwest retains its leadership position in green pest control.
· Represents Northwest in public and professional settings and gives business related speeches and presentations.
· Must be able to identify insects and troubleshoot problem accounts.
· Analyzes zero production services and cancellations.
· Proactively reviews reports and issues and develops pre-emptive programs designed to avoid recurrence.
· Provides informational material for distribution within Northwest and to the outside media.
· Serves as a sales consultant on sensitive or large pest projects.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Leader in Technical Services.
· Must be able to obtain licenses/certifications in multiple categories and in multiple states.
· Occasion travel required.
· Actively Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Oral and Written Communication – Ability to read English with a high level of comprehension. Ability to write memos, letters, policy and procedure documents, performance appraisals effectively. Ability to do public speaking and prepare presentations which effectively present a point of view or describe a product/process.
· Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
· Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
· Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
· Judgement and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Proven critical thinking skills.
· Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
· Teaching/Coach – Teaching others how to do something. This includes being skilled at effectively transferring technicial knowledge and skills to adult learners.
· Sales and Marketing – Knowledge or principles and methods of promoting and selling products and services. This includes marketing safety and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques ands sales control systems.
· Acts with Integrity – Keeps commitments. Acts as role model by adhering to high standards of behavioral trustworthiness.
· Communicates openly – Creates an open environment that promotes the sharing of information and ideas.
· Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
· Think Strategically – Critically evaluates and processes information, Clearly anticipating the implication of decisions.
· Education /Training Level: Bachelor’s or higher degree preferred.
· Skills: must be proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
· Minimum five years experience in the pest control industry.
· Certificed in both HPC and WDO in the state of Georgia.
· Management experience required.
Managers will contact applicants they wish to interview.
Status on postings will be sent to applicant’s email.
To Apply: If you are interested in this position, please complete our Online Job Application.
Northwest Exterminating is an equal employment opportunity.