Recruit a teammate
Recruiting Ice Breakers & Tips
Sometimes we experience extraordinary customer service in our daily lives. They stand out because we strive to provide extraordinary customer service too. Does this person embody one of the Northwest Way Service Standards? Would this person click with our customers?
- Open the conversation with recognition of their work or character. Offer a compliment and thank them for their service.
- Ask if they need or want a job. Try to sound natural and sympathetic, “Do you like what you’re doing for a living?”
- You are a brand ambassador. You’re representing Northwest – and you’re also selling a career.
- Think about NW’s vision, mission, and the Northwest Way.
- Talk about the NW culture or share the NW cultural video.
- Tell what you think of NW.
- Tell your NW story.
- Tell them what opportunities exist at Northwest. “You’d be great as a ________!”
- Keep your business cards on hand and give to the recruit. Let them know they can reach out to you.
Tell the recruit someone from Northwest’s Human Resources will call them to talk soon. Part with encouraging words.