The house spider is a common problem in the US. The most effective way of getting rid of spiders is to prevent them from ever coming into your home. Spiders, like most insects, come into your home in search of food. By ridding your home of other insects…your home will be useless to the spider.
Ways to Prevent Spiders from coming into your home:
- Spider survival is low in homes with low humidity, few insects, higher garages, sheds, barns, warehouses, etc.
- Spider webs are often built in corners and angles of walls and windows.
- Spiders build webs by trial and error which explains why there may be multiple vacant webs around your home.
- Keep home clean. Clutter is good for spiders because it gives them a place to hide.
- Use a vacuum to remove spiders, eggs and webs.
- Ensure that bushes and other plants are trimmed back from the outside wall of your home.
- Make sure mulch is kept a few inches back from the foundation of your home.
- Seal any cracks or crevices that can be used as an entrance for spiders into the home.
- Use plastic storage boxes instead of cardboard. Spiders love cardboard.
An if you need, call the professionals.