Hello Fall! While it may not feel like fall right now, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be prepared for the trees to shed their leaves before winter. Falling leaves can mean clogged, messy gutters for you to take care of later. Here are some of the benefits to setting up your fall defense with gutter guards!
A buildup of leaves and branches can lead to the development of mold, which can be dangerous to you and your family. Gutter guards can prevent the build up of debris, cutting down the health risks.
Clogged gutters can increase the chance of rainwater overflow, which can damage the foundation of your home. Gutter protection can prevent overflows and save you from damage and repair costs.
Standing water caused by debris clogging your gutter system creates the perfect breeding site for mosquitoes and other pests. Protecting your gutters from a buildup of standing water will help to deter pests, acting as an additional form of pest control!
Now is the time to invest in gutter protection for your home! Skip the hassle of gutter clean-up next year by reaching out to your local gutter protection installer today to take care of your home.
With all the recent rain in Georgia, you may have noticed that the remaining leaves on the trees have found their way into your yard, driveway, or worse – inside your gutters! While we are having a sunny reprieve, now is the time to invest in Gutter Care, a gutter protection system that eliminates the need for gutter cleaning or a gutter cleaning service.
Here’s Why You Need a Gutter Cleaning System:
- Clogged gutters can lead to a buildup of mold and spores, causing a health hazard for you and your family. Gutter Care helps to prevent clogged gutters, greatly decreasing the potential health risk.
- With all the recent rain, any clogs in your gutters could cause rain water to overflow. This not only damages the gutters themselves, but can also damage your walls, roof, and foundation. Preventing clogged gutters will help to reduce further damage to your home, saving you in damage repair costs.
- Gutter Care is a deterrent for pests that may be searching for food or looking to make your gutters their new home. In addition to pest control, installing Gutter Care provides mosquito control by reducing standing water and breeding sites for mosquitoes come spring.
Still on the fence about installing a gutter cleaning system? Northwest can help! Give us a call, and we’ll schedule your free inspection for Gutter Care!
You May Also Be Interested In:
Pest Control for Basements and Attics
Wildlife Control: How to Keep Animals Out of Your Home
8 Tips for Winter Lawn Care
Exterminating Tips: Venomous Snakes of Georgia
Best Pest Control Companies in Lawrenceville, GA
As fall approaches, you might notice the leaves changing colors and eventually falling to the ground. While most of us enjoy this time of year with cooler weather, football games, and the holidays around the corner, one thing we don’t look forward to is that miserable chore of cleaning all those leaves out of our gutters. One way to avoid this tedious task is installing gutter guards. But do they live up to the hype? Are they worth the extra expense? Here are 5 reasons to install gutter guards on your home:
Let’s face it – cleaning gutters is a dangerous job. There’s the risk of falling off a ladder, electric shock from exposed wires, and even the potential to damage not only the gutters themselves but also your walls, fascia, or even your roof. Gutter guards virtually eliminate the need to clean your gutters every year making it much safer for both you and your home.
The debris that clogs your gutters can harbor mold and spores. This can cause damage to your home and can also be hazardous to the health of you and your family. Gutter guards prevent clogs in your gutters eliminating this risk to you and your family.
Clogged gutters can lead to water overflow which can be detrimental to your home. Overflows can damage the gutters themselves, your foundation, the walls and roof when water penetrates the eaves, and it can even erode your property and landscaping. By eliminating the clogs that cause this excess water, gutter guards help prevent damage to your home and, in fact, can even help strengthen your gutters against future damage.
Gutter guards are not only affordable but they also save you time and money on cleaning your gutters. You get a return on your investment by cutting the costs of cleaning, as well as by preventing the significant and costly damage to your home that clogged gutters can lead to.
Clogged gutters provide the ideal location for animals to nest and also provides them with a ready-made food source. Gutters also allow an entry point for pests into your home. Birds, possum, rats, mice, and even snakes will make themselves at home in your gutters if they are clogged. Blocked gutters also lead to standing water which is the ideal breeding ground for mosquitoes.
Still on the fence about installing gutter guards? Northwest can help. Give us a call or fill out the form below for a free Leafproof XP gutter guard estimate!
The dog days of summer are upon us and, if you’re like most of us, you’re getting tired of the daily popup rain showers every afternoon. With all this extra precipitation, have you checked to make sure your gutters are clear and draining properly? Will you have to climb a ladder to get those leaves and other debris out of your clogged gutters?
One solution to this exasperating chore is to install a gutter guard system on your home. Gutter guards eliminate the messy hassle of cleaning your gutters and also reduce the risk of falling from ladders. Leafproof XP is a unique gutter guard system that can be installed on your existing gutters without causing damage to your roof while keeping out debris and leaves. It also provides you with a year round solution for cleaning your gutters.
How Does It Work?
Leafproof XP is a solid aluminum gutter cover that utilizes surface tension. The “S” bend technology they use causes draining water to slow its momentum as it comes off the roof and into your gutters.
What Else Does It Do?
Leafproof XP also uses its patented technology to prevent most leaves and debris from getting into your gutters and causing clogs. Leafproof is made from aluminum so squirrels, birds, and other pests can’t chew through the guard. The opening for the water channel is also small enough that most birds can’t get into it to build their nests.
How Is It Cleaned?
Occasionally some debris might get into the Leafproof XP system. When that happens, the debris should be visible from the ground and can be cleaned with a hose with a high pressure nozzle. This decreases your risk of injury from falling off a ladder.
Will It Damage The Roof On Installation?
Leafproof XP is installed by sliding under the first row of shingles on your roof and attaching to the gutter lip. No nails or screws are required for installation, saving your roof and fascia from damage and potentially voiding your warranty.
Now that you know the benefits of Leafproof XP, what’s your next step? You can give us a call at (888) 466-7849 or click here to request your free estimate.
One of the perks of summer is spending more time doing what we enjoy outdoors – barbecues, picnics, gardening anyone? But, you know that all of these fun activities come with another risk – pests! Nothing ruins a picnic faster than ants or mosquitoes. What can you do to make sure you can still enjoy all the fun times outside this summer? Check out these 9 ways to protect your outdoor fun from pests.
- Remove standing water. Standing water is the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. Walk around your yard and fill in any areas where water is prone to pooling. Use pumps in ponds and fountains. Empty out any containers that contain standing water like wading pools, flower pots, buckets, toys, wading pools, and more. Check gutters and rain spouts for clogs and clear them. Consider using gutter guards to help prevent clogs. Check around AC units for leaks.
- Clear out clutter and debris. There are lots of items around your yard that can hold rainwater like toys, tires, and even half empty bags. Make sure these are empty and cleared away or, if you can’t get rid of them, turn them over so they can’t collect water. Piles of leaves, fallen branches, and rotting fruit can attract pests to your yard by providing them with food and shelter. Make sure these are cleared out of your yard.
- Landscape your yard. Tall grass and weeds can harbor ticks, fleas, and ant hills. Mow your lawn regularly in spring and summer so pests have less places to hide. Overgrown shrubbery and tree branches that are in contact with the side of your home can provide a clear pathway for roaches and other pests. Keep trees and shrubs trimmed with at least 1 foot between the branches and the walls of your home.
- Store firewood properly. Firewood provides food and shelter for many different pests, especially termites. Make sure firewood is dry before storing it. Keep firewood stacked above the ground and use a rack or a platform if possible. This way ants and termites can’t easily access the wood. Make sure firewood is stored at least 5 feet away from any structures like houses or sheds. If possible, store firewood with a cover or roof over it.
- Use screens. Keep windows and doors closed as much as possible. Make sure doors and windows have screens on them. Check screens regularly for holes and tears and repair or replace them as needed. Check around doors and windows for gaps and replace weatherstripping as needed.
- Inspect your outdoor equipment. Regularly check the chains of swing sets and the corners of outdoor furniture for spiders and egg sacks and remove them immediately. Check under your porch, in your eaves, or near your grill for wasp nests and remove them immediately. Keep outside toys outside and inside toys inside. If you have to bring outside toys items inside make sure to wipe them down beforehand.
- Cover your food. Keep all food and beverages in sealed covers and containers. Keep food covered at all times. Keep garbage containers sealed. Bring utensils and dishware indoors shortly after the meal. Clean trash, spills, and crumbs immediately from tables and other surfaces. Rinse all beverage bottles and cans and dispose of them in tightly closed garbage containers. Use clear plastic cups for drinks since aluminum cans and plastic bottles provide hiding places for stinging insects.
- Use insect repellent. Mosquitoes are most active from dusk to dawn. If you must be outdoors during this time, use insect repellent that contains DEET. Use repellent on both exposed skin and on your clothes. Wear long sleeves and pants to avoid bites. Use citronella candles around decks and patios.
- Call a professional. If you suspect you have a pest problem, call a professional pest control company who can provide you with a thorough evaluation and a comprehensive treatment and prevention program for pests.
With the weather thankfully getting more spring-like, it’s time for a good deep-clean of your home. While a good spring clean is great for your spirit, it will also aid in keeping pests out of the house, along with your quarterly pest service. That way, you get to enjoy a pest-free spring!
Ants, pantry pests, and other common spring pests will seek to invade your kitchen where they will find food and water with ease. A deep clean of your pantry and counters can greatly reduce the occurrence of pests. If it is feasible, clean out from behind your appliances; food will have fallen that pests will find. Also, place your trash can away from doors that lead in from outside and away from windows.
Roaches and silverfish tend to be attracted to bathrooms due to the excess moisture. Reducing sources of water is the best solution to ward off an infestation. Check around tubs, sinks, and toilets for any leaks, and wipe off standing water on any surfaces.
The perfect hiding place for pests is often your basement. Mice, spiders, and many others like the dark corners to hide from the outside. Instead of using cardboard boxes for storage, go for plastic tubs with secure lids. Also, make sure to seal any found cracks; mice only need ¼” opening to enter your home!
A spring clean of the exterior of your home is crucial. Start with moving any plants and vegetation away from your home to make it harder for pests to come in. Be sure to clean out clogged gutters to eliminate another pest hiding place. You may want to consider installing gutter guards to avoid the possibility of clogged gutters. Other tips to remember: dispose of leaf piles properly and keep grass cut low.
If you suspect a pest problem in your home, contact a pest control company. They will be able to evaluate your home, identify what kind of pest you are having issues with, and set you up with a comprehensive treatment plan.
Cleaning out your gutters is a messy, stinky job. It’s also dangerous. Would you like to save time and avoid this miserable chore each year? Consider installing a LeafProof XP Gutter Guard. Leafproof XP Gutter Guard is a unique gutter guard system that can be installed onto your existing gutters without causing roof damage. Leafproof XP not only eliminates your need to clean your gutters each year, it also provides several other benefits to you, as well. Check out these 12 reasons to install LeafProof XP on your home.
- Time. Installing LeafProof saves you time each year that you would otherwise spend cleaning out your gutters.
- Year Round Protection. LeafProof provides an ongoing gutter cleaning solution year round.
- Low Cost. LeafProof is an affordable, premium gutter protection solution.
- No Mess. LeafProof eliminates the mess of gutter cleaning each year.
- Decreased Injury Risk. LeafProof minimizes the risk of ladder injuries and falls.
- Keeps Gutters Clear. LeafProof keeps leaves and other debris from clogging your gutters.
- Easy Installation. LeafProof installs over your existing gutters without damaging your roof.
- Pest Control. LeafProof prevents animal and bird invasions of your home.
- Low Profile. LeafProof installs under the first row of shingles without penetrating your roof.
- Aesthetics. LeafProof blends with your existing gutters and roofline.
- Ice Prevention. LeafProof prevents ice dams from forming in your gutters in the winter.
- Warranty. LeafProof comes with a lifetime warranty.
If you are interested in LeafProof XP fill out the Free Estimate Form here.