Fall is notorious for bringing rodents into the home. Here are 10 helpful tips on how to make sure your home is not attractive to rodents:
- Minimize the amount of standing water around your property.
- Keep all pet food in air tight, closed containers.
- If you feed your pets outside, take the food and water in at night.
- Clean up the area around your bird feeders. Bird seed debris left on the ground will attract hungry rodents.
- Make sure to keep the vegetation around your home trimmed and cut away from the exterior of the home.
- Keep your garage door closed whenever possible.
- Make sure to replace any worn or damaged weather stripping around doors.
- Make sure to seal up around any plumbing or electrical entry points.
- Compost areas should be enclosed and in bins whenever possible.
- If you are experiencing a rodent infestation call a Northwest Exterminating professional for additional help!
Monroe Service Center Manager