There are over 700 species of ants in the US so it is no surprise that ants are the number 1 reported nuisance pest in the US. But according to Pestworld.org there are 6 simple steps that can help you reduce the invasion of ants in your home. Click on the links for more explanation from pestworld.org.
- Know the popular hangouts – mostly found in kitchens for food and water, ants can also be found in bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms, basements, inside walls, and around heating and air structures.
- Eliminate water sources – rid your property of standing water and excessive moisture. Use a dehumidifier in moist places like crawl spaces, attics, and basements. Repair leaky pipes in and around tubs and sinks.
- Eliminate food sources – cleaning up spills and crumbs, sealing foods, and taking out the trash regularly will discourage ants from coming into your kitchen looking for food.
- Don’t discount your pets – pet food and water can attract ants if left out. Clean up pet food and water and wash bowls when they are finished eating. Make sure that pet food is stored in a properly sealed container.
- Block off or eliminate access points – cut back foliage from property and seal any cracks or crevices that can be used as entrances.
- Don’t go it alone – without proper knowledge of ants your problem can grow. Calling in the pest experts will help identify your problem and create a plan to solve it.
Read the full article HERE and contact a licensed pest professional to get rid of ants in your home. Call Northwest Exterminating to get rid of ants and other pests that are invading your home or business.