Green pest control provides an eco-conscious option to traditional pest control and is especially beneficial in homes and businesses that house the young, the elderly, pets, and those with compromised immune systems or allergies. But are they really effective?
The answer is yes. Green pest control typically utilizes botanical and/or earth-based pesticides and a targeted approach when applying them, focusing on eliminating and controlling pest populations through both preventative measures and purposeful product application, based on your specific pest issues.
One important component of any green pest control program is Integrated Pest Management (IPM). IPM doesn’t just focus on eliminating pest populations but also on identifying and getting rid of the environmental factors that are allowing the pests to procreate and thrive, as well as preventative measures to prevent re-entry. IPM can actually cut back significantly on the amount of pesticides used in treatments (by more than 90%!).
Once green pest control companies identify the problem pests and decide that action is required, there are several methods that are used to eliminate them:
- Introduction of natural enemies to reduce or eliminate the population
- Installing barriers to entry (such as screens)
- Employing mechanical control techniques (like traps)
- Using pesticides as a last resort (carefully applied to be as safe as possible)
Once you make the decision to invest in a green pest control program, contact an exterminator near you, and they will provide you with the following:
- A customized plan: A customized pest control program using only the most innovative and advanced pest control products and equipment available
- No harsh chemicals: Pest control products whose active ingredients are derived from flowers, plants, and natural elements from the earth
- Service guarantee: Follow up visits in between regularly scheduled pest control services, if needed, at no additional cost to you
- Integrated pest management: Plan, inspection, pest identification, ongoing perimeter protection, and continuous communication from your exterminator
- Highly trained technicians: Exterminators who are experts in green pest control methods
- Whole home pest protection: Pest protection that is environmentally friendly both inside your home and outside, that covers common household pests such as ants, spiders, roaches, mice, centipedes, millipedes, silverfish, and earwigs
You May Also Be Interested In: