Laurens Pest Control: Eliminating Cockroaches
A lot of homeowners believe that a tidy home will keep cockroaches away, but that’s not always the case. Cockroaches can find themselves in the tidiest of homes and it’s due to the availability of food, water, and shelter. The sight of even just one roach in your home should raise some alarms. These pests can multiply quickly and seeing just one typically means more are hiding nearby.
The main reason you should be wary about cockroaches in your home is that they can carry bacteria on their bodies and feet. They tend to walk across various surfaces and can pick up many unwanted germs. They are also known to bring on allergic reactions and asthmas attacks.
Signs of Cockroaches:
- Dead cockroach bodies
- Small, brown, oval-shaped eggs or eggshells
- Dark, powdery droppings that resemble coffee grounds
- Musty odor
If you begin noticing these signs of roaches, then it might be time to call your local pest control company. In the meantime, here are some simple cockroach prevention tips that will help lessen the chances of a roach infestation:
- Clean thoroughly. After each meal, clean the dishes and put them away. Get rid of the crumbs and mop up the spills right away. Throw all trash away in a bin with a lid.
- Declutter: Keep rooms decluttered and maintain a regular dusting schedule. When storing items, use plastic bins instead of cardboard, which is a major attractant for roaches.
- Eliminate Moisture. Roaches thrive in moist areas and need water to survive, like most pests. Regularly check for any leaks or standing water in or around your home.
- Call the Professionals. If you have done everything you possibly can but are still experiencing roaches, give your local pest control company a call today. An experienced technician will be able to determine the best plan perfect for you and your home.