On December 14th & 15th, the Northwest Good Deeds Team and many Northwest Teammates ventured to the Atlanta Toys for Tots warehouse for two days of volunteering and fellowship.
Partnering with Toys for Tots for several years, Northwest views this event as a great way to foster the relationships we have developed in the community. “This comes back full circle as evident in the smiles of the parents and each child who receives toys through this program,” says Kristen Milligan, Co-Director of the Good Deeds Team.
The Toys for Tots goal is “to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens.” This easily aligns with the Northwest Good Deeds goal of providing simple, meaningful opportunities for Northwest teammates to create a positive impact in the community in which we serve. Over the two days, everyone enjoyed the company of one another and the chance to give back this holiday season. Northwest’s Co-Presidents Stephen and Stanford Phillips joined the team to help fulfill orders, “It’s amazing to see everyone helping, and they are genuinely happy to be doing so.”
About the Northwest Good Deeds Team – As much as Northwest Exterminating is in the pest control business, we’re even more so in the people business. It’s that train of thinking that pushes us to think outside the box on how we can better serve the communities we live and work in; the creation of our Good Deeds Team came from just that. The Good Deeds team is an active part of the Northwest Family that seeks out and partners with local schools, businesses and organizations to create an impact throughout our communities. We love that we get the chance to help not only our customers protect their homes from pest, termites, mosquitoes, insulation, lawn, and wildlife issues but also help our communities become even better places to call home.
HAPPY NEW YEAR…well, almost!! It’s New Years Eve!! It’s a time for reflection over the past year as well as excitement for the year to come. We had some major highlights in 2012. Below are just a few:
- The Grand Opening of our East Cobb service center
- Participated in the St. Patrick’s Day parade in Savannah, GA
- 2012 Relay for Life of Walton County
- Kelly Combs was awarded the MSAR Affiliate Member of the Year
- Launched Green Elite
- Green Elite Spirit Contest
- Awarded #23 in PCT’s Top 100 Pest Control Companies
- Joined Pinterest
- Randy Wilhite was a guest on Atlanta Real Estate Forum Radio
- Participated in Adopt-A-School
- Photo and commercial shoots
- Raised over $7,000 for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Acquired Jody Millard Pest Control in Chattanooga, TN
- Company wide Halloween costume contest
- Another successful year for our Health Expo
- Celebrated Steve’s 60th Birthday
- Toys for Tots
- Had an Ugly Sweater Christmas
- Participated in many Chillin & Grillin events, trade shows, expos, and other fun things in our communities
From L to R: St. Patrick’s Day parade, East Cobb Grand Opening, Steve’s 60th Birthday, Steve’s Green Elite costume, Halloween costume contest
We couldn’t possible list off all of the wonderful events and accomplishments that we had in 2012. One thing we do know is that we couldn’t have done it without our loyal customers and the amazing Northwest Exterminating Team.
Here’s to a Happy Healthy New Year to you and yours…and another great year for Northwest Exterminating.
For pictures of the events above and many others visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CallNorthwest