The recent rain has kept more than just human beings inside…it’s caused lots of pests to head indoors as well. You may have seen an increase of bugs in and around your home or office where they are entering to seek shelter from the rain.
Easy steps to keeping pests out:
- Eliminate possible entry points. Check doors, windows, foundation, attic, and/or basement for places that could be used to gain entrance to your home. Insects can enter into the smallest of spaces.
- Seal cracks and crevices in and around the foundation and around pipes and electrical boxes.
- If you don’t have screens on your doors or windows then it’s best to keep them closed.
- Keep outside lights pointed away from your home. Most species are attracted to light.
- Clean up any spills immediately.
- Seal and take trash out on a regular basis.
- Check items brought into the home for pests.
- Hire a reputable pest management company to do regularly scheduled services that will help in preventing insects, pest, and rodents from entering your home or office.