Mosquito season is in full swing, much to the dismay of those of us in the South. The humid weather stirs them up in a major way year after year.
Your mosquito service has already started up, but reduction services are just that, a service aimed at managing the occurrence of mosquitoes in the yard. Your Northwest technician utilizes an Intergrated Pest Management approach (IPM), which is customized just for you and your pest needs. This approach is aimed at mosquito prevention, mosquito reduction, and the elimination of the habitats that mosquitoes need to breed. Implementing a successful IPM strategy goes a long way with cutting down the mosquito population surrounding your home.
But, did you know that there are steps you can take to push your mosquito service to the next level?
- Eliminate any areas of standing water i.e. buckets, plastic covers, and toys
- Change the water in fountains, bird baths, and rain barrels at least once a week
- Cut grass to prevent mosquitoes resting on long blades and rake leaves
- Keep gutters clean and consider installing gutter guards to prevent clogs, which create areas of standing water, conducive to mosquito breeding
- Install a mosquito screen to keep mosquitoes out of your home
If you suspect you have a problem with mosquitoes in or around your home, contact a professional pest control company who can provide you with a thorough inspection and comprehensive mosquito treatment plan.