Termites are a common pest that can wreak havoc on your home during the summertime. These tiny insects can eat through wood and other building materials, causing extensive damage to your property. Discover the signs of a termite infestation and our tips on how to prevent further termite damage to your home.
There are several signs that you may have a termite infestation in your home. These include:
- Presence of winged termites or termite swarmers near your home or inside your home.
- Mud tubes along your home’s foundation or walls.
- Hollow-sounding or damaged wood.
Preventing termite damage starts with being proactive about termite control. Here are some tips to help you prevent further damage to your home:
- Keep your home’s exterior well-maintained: Termites are attracted to wood and other cellulose-based materials. To prevent them from infesting your home, make sure to keep your home’s exterior well-maintained. This includes removing any dead trees or stumps from your yard, as well as keeping firewood and other wood-based materials away from your home.
- Keep your home’s interior clean and dry: Termites thrive in moist environments. To prevent them from infesting your home, make sure to keep your home’s interior clean and dry. This includes fixing any leaks or water damage, as well as using a dehumidifier to reduce humidity levels.
- Schedule regular termite inspections: Even if you don’t see any signs of termites, it’s important to schedule regular termite inspections to catch any infestations early. A professional termite control company can help identify any signs of termite activity and provide effective treatment options.
If you discover any signs of termites in your home, consider calling your local pest control company for a free termite inspection!