This unseasonably hot weather has catapulted us straight into summer. If you have found yourself making multiple trips back and forth to your thermostat, it may be time to look into improvements around your home that not only stop the multiple trips but also save you money in the end.
With the sun beating down on the roof of your home with little to no cloud cover, your attic will easily see high temperatures during the summer. Without proper insulation, the heat will absorb through the hard materials that make up your home, leading to unbearable temperatures inside.
Proper attic insulation will create air pockets which slow the heat attempting to flow through your home. This will help uneven temperatures between the rooms in your home and lessen the need to consistently visit your thermostat.
High heat and humidity have caused your home to become muggy and intolerable. The humidity and moisture can also become a welcoming environment for mold, fungi, and pests.
Investing in the encapsulation of your crawl space could not only save you money on your energy bills, but also prevent a headache in the long run. Termites thrive in areas of high moisture, putting your home at risk for structural damage. Not only will this method act as pest control, but it can also improve the air quality of your home and create more comfortable living conditions for you and your family.
Still on the fence? Give us a call to schedule your free inspection today, and one of our licensed professionals will answer all of your questions.
TAP, or thermal acoustical pest control insulation is an insulation product that offers two solutions in one product: an energy-efficient blown-in insulation coupled with the added value of pest control. But what makes TAP different from other forms of insulation? What are the benefits to installing TAP in your home?
- TAP is similar to traditional insulation as it is a cellulose-based, blown-in insulation. Because it is blown-in, there are no gaps between the product and your attic and it covers the entire attic floor.
- TAP is dense which means it allows less air movement between the insulation particles, keeping the ideal air inside the home instead of escaping to the outside. This decreases your energy costs by 20-30%.
- This density in the TAP insulation also helps reduce outside noise, keeping your house quieter.
- TAP also helps regulate the temperature inside your home, keeping it consistent throughout the day. This decreases the work load on your HVAC unit, prolonging its life and saving you money in the long run.
- TAP is Energy Star Rated.
- TAP is a green product, made from all natural ingredients and recycled newsprint.
- TAP is infused with borates, a pest control agent that helps control roaches, earwigs, ants, silverfish, and other pests. In fact, insects don’t build up a tolerance to the borates and the borates don’t wear off so you have pest control protection for as long as the insulation is installed in your home.
- The borates in TAP also act as a fire-retardant, adding another level of fire protection to your home.
Are you still on the fence about TAP insulation? Are you not sure if it’s the right product for your home? Let Northwest help! Fill out the form below or give us a call to request a free estimate or ask any questions you may have.