We’ve given you the best pest control companies across the state of Georgia, but how about our neighbor to the north? Nashville, Tennessee is known as the Music City because of its deep roots in country music. It is home to the Grand Ole Opry, Music Row, and the Country Music Hall of Fame. They are also home to the Tennessee Titans football team and the Nashville Predators hockey team. While it may not be as notorious as the food, music, and sports that Nashville has to offer, it is also home to some of the area’s best pest control companies! No one wants to have their fun dampened by a pest problem so we’ve put together a list of other great pest control companies in the Nashville area.
- MacDougall’s Pest Control – offers a full range of residential and commercial pest control services with over 10 years of experience and an emphasis on personal service.
- All American Pest Control – is a locally owned and operated company established in 1961 and offering high quality residential and commercial service with green product options.
- Homeshield Pest Control – offers high value/high quality service with a money back guarantee, a price match guarantee, and eco-friendly products.
- Brentwood Pest Control – is a family owned company established in 2011 that utilizes an integrated pest management system with an environmentally friendly combination of products and based on outstanding customer service and fair prices.
Tennessee is home to a plethora of pests. Choosing the right pest control company for your pest control issue is a personal decision based on preference, convenience, and other factors. While we at Northwest strive to be the answer to your pest control problems, we understand that what works for one person doesn’t necessarily work for another.
At Northwest, we offer a variety of pest control options, from only a specific pest to all-encompassing pest plans to meet the needs of every individual customer, rather than a one-type-fits-all. Every home and situation is different; your pest professional should take the time to listen to your concerns and inspect your home to get you the best results.
Northwest Exterminating is always available to answer your pest control questions or to offer a free evaluation on what services could benefit your home. Feel free to give our team a call at (888) 466-7849 or fill out the form below for a free, no-obligation pest quote.
We are proud to announce that Stanford Phillips, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at Northwest, was named the 2015 Young Entrepreneur Award from the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) on October 22nd, during its annual awards program in Nashville. The annual award was presented to Phillips in recognition of his stewardship in the industry, according to the National Pest Management Association. Phillips is a grandson of the original owners of Northwest Exterminating, L.A. and Emma Lene Phillips, who founded the company in 1951.
“I am very honored to be selected for this award,” Phillips said Thursday. “It’s a direct reflection of the great team we have at Northwest. I really view this as a team award.” Phillips also credited his national recognition to “the great success of Northwest.”
“I’m happy that Northwest is recognized as an innovative company that cares for their customers, community and team,” Phillips said.
To be considered for the award, nominees must be 40 years old or younger and working in the professional pest management industry. In order to be chosen to receive the national award, Phillips was evaluated on notable contributions made to his company in a management capacity, contributions to the pest management industry, and personal leadership and community involvement.
According to Scott Eubanks, Leader of Technical Services and Industry Relations at Northwest , “Stanford’s vision to help make Northwest Exterminating a company that provides healthier living and working environments led to the development of our green pest solutions. Beginning in 2006, Northwest Exterminating became the leader in green pest services,” Eubanks said in his nomination letter to NPMA. “Stanford has spoken on a national level regarding business development and topics on green pest control solutions.”
Eubanks said that Stanford has been crucial in the company’s recent growth.
“Stanford Phillips has been instrumental in growing and developing Northwest Exterminating as a company that creates a healthier living and working environment for both internal and external customers,” Eubanks said. “When Stanford came on board in 2002, Northwest Exterminating had six service centers, and has now grown to over 20 service centers and departments.”
Along with being a leader within Northwest and in the pest control industry, Stanford is also a leader within his community.
“His vision is not just to offer others healthier solutions through greener products, but also to improve the quality of life for both internal and external customers of Northwest,” Eubanks said. “Outside of Northwest, he has also implemented The Good Deed Team that goes out into the community and performs random acts of kindness, such as buying groceries or school supplies for those in need.”
Stanford also supports Northwest Exterminating’s fundraising efforts for various charitable organizations, Eubanks said, such as: the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Breast Cancer Awareness, Must Ministries, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, and Toys for Tots.
More about Northwest
Northwest Exterminating specializes in residential and commercial termite control, pest control, mosquito control, wildlife services, heating and cooling, lawn care, and insulation.
In 2013, the company was ranked as the seventh “Best Place to Work” among mid-sized companies in by the Atlanta Journal constitution and, in its 64 years in business, the Marietta-based company has grown from a family of 2 to more than 400 employees.
Today, the founders’ son, Steve Phillips (Stanford’s father), is President of the company and Stanford’s brother, Stephen Phillips, serves as the leader of operations.
Find out more about Northwest Exterminating here.
The early spring has brought pests out in full force and we suspect that they will not be slowing down anytime soon. Not only are bugs annoying but they’re a health concern as well.
- West Nile Virus, Encephalitis, dog heartworm – mosquitoes
- Lyme disease – ticks
- Rabies – rodents
- Allergies & Asthma – cockroaches
- Food Contamination – cockroaches, mice/rats
- Salmonella – cockroaches, house flies
- Skin irritation and rashes – lice, fleas, bed bugs, mites
- Venomous bites & stings (that can be accompanied by severe or life threatening reactions) – black widow, brown recluse, scorpion, snakes
- Painful stings (that can be accompanied by severe or life threatening reactions) – fire ants, yellow jackets, hornets, wasps
Pests can carry diseases and cause areas to be unsanitary. These are issues of concern for both homes and businesses. Even the cleanest homes can have bug problems in an environment like this. Carpenter bees, mosquitoes, ants, yellow jackets, silverfish, and other pests have recently been invading properties. If you’re in the Atlanta, Columbus, Savannah, or Nashville area, call Northwest Exterminating. Our NorPest Green program was developed exclusively by Northwest Exterminating to get rid of pests using the lowest environmental impact possible. A Northwest representative will develop a customized plan to target those pests while maintaining the health of your home.
We are strategically placed throughout Georgia and Tennessee to service all areas of Georgia as well as parts of Tennessee, Alabama, and South Carolina. Visit us online or call 888.466.7849 to find the location nearest you.
There is a whole market for people who like to do it yourself. I am one of them. I enjoy the occasional weekend project around the house like painting, fixing a leaky faucet, or changing out fixtures. However, there are some do it yourself projects that are just not for me. I don’t touch wires, I don’t clean high chandeliers, and I don’t clean out gutters (thank goodness Northwest Exterminating does). Those are the tasks that I leave for the professionals.
In the recent years of the down economy, we have witnessed more people resorting to a do it yourself method of getting rid of bugs. There are certain situations where we agree that do it yourself is a good alternative to hiring an exterminator. If you spot a single bug such as a fly, yellow jacket, or ant, there is usually no need for a professional pest control company to come to your home. But if you spot a termite, a bed bug, or any other insect that can cause damage to your family or your home, it is necessary to call an exterminator.
There are certain things that need to be considered when deciding to DIY or hire a professional:
o DIY – A trip to the store and the purchase of chemicals is typically less expensive than hiring a pest control company.
o Professional – Although the initial investment is more expensive with a professional, it may end up being the cheaper alternative. If the in store pesticides are not effective they may result in the growth of your pest control problem. Continuing to buy in store products can get expensive. Not to mention the potential damage to your home that pests can cause.
o DIY – When doing it yourself, you can go to the store, purchase the pest control product, and apply it at your own convenience.
o Professional – It can be a pain to find a time that is convenient for both you and your exterminator to meet at your home for a treatment. More often than not, this is at the inconvenience of the customer. However, a good exterminator will work with the homeowner to schedule the best time for them.
o DIY – The instructions are on the label. Not only can information be found on the label but it is very easy to go to the internet and do a research on the particular product or insect. Be sure that all instructions are followed exactly as listed on the package.
o Professional – An experienced and knowledgeable exterminator will be able to quickly identify and treat your problem. They are also able to answer any questions that you have about prevention or other issues that you are experiencing. Their experience and expertise can keep your home and family healthier than just reading the instructions on a label.
o DIY – Chemicals of any kind can carry a risk. Applying chemicals that you are not knowledgeable about could potentially cause harm to humans, pets, or plants in the area. This is not to scare you but to remind you that we cannot stress enough the importance to read all instructions and follow all directions listed on the product label.
o Professionals – By hiring an experienced and knowledgeable pest control company, most risk is removed from the homeowner. Be sure to read all contracts and get reviews from past customers before hiring a pest control company.
o DIY – For small pest problems, store bought exterminating products can oftentimes be effective. For a bigger infestation, it can be more difficult with store bought products. Pests are adaptable creatures and can get become immune to certain chemicals after a certain amount of time.
o Professionals – A reliable pest control company will have up to date information and products to treat your infestation.
o DIY – Depending on the store and product, you can return a product. Check your local store return policies before purchasing.
o Professionals – Always ask about a company’s policies before hiring them to treat your home. Will they return to your home for no charge if your issue is not solved? Do they offer warranties on their work? A good exterminating company will.
When trying to decide if you should tackle your pest control problem, consider the list above. For a small infestation, do it yourself is a good option that can be inexpensive. For larger infestations or a continuing problem, save yourself the time, hassle, and money and call a professional exterminator. As always, the key to pest control is prevention. For pest prevention tips visit this blog.
If you have a pest or termite issue in the Atlanta, Columbus, Savannah, or Nashville area, call Northwest Exterminating.
What kind of do-it-yourself projects do you enjoy?
Have you ever tried to do-it-yourself and had to call in the professionals?
It is a common misconception that if you don’t have animals in your home that you can’t get fleas…FALSE. Fleas can be an issue in homes both with and without pets. They often attach themselves to rabbits, skunks, possums, and other rodents or wildlife that can be found living in wooded areas around a structure. Their 6”-8” vertical jump gives them the ability to attach themselves to humans and animals.
The thought of fleas creates a sense of uneasiness…and with good reason; fleas can carry several diseases like plague, tapeworm, and murine typhus that effects humans and pets alike. Flea prevention is much easier and less expensive than flea treatment.
Flea Prevention Tips:
- Clean your home regularly – Regular cleaning prevents fleas and many other pests from being attracted to your home. Make sure that spills and crumbs are cleaned up quickly, vacuum floors and upholstery*, and wipe down counters and furniture. Regular maintenance will make a huge difference against pests. (*Immediately empty, seal, remove, and dispose of the vacuum bag outdoors for your trash provider to retrieve.)
- Wash and treat pets – Bathe your pets on a regular basis. Wash any bedding the pet is allowed to sleep on. Treat your pets with flea prevention by taking them to your veterinarian, the groomer, or using over the counter medication. When cleaning, special attention should be paid to areas where pets often spend time.
- Shampooing carpet – Shampooing carpet can be more beneficial than vacuuming alone.
- Keep out wild animals – Wild animals such as rodents and opossums should be prevented from entering the structure and appropriately trapped.
- Wear light colors when outdoors – Wearing light colors enables you to spot fleas more easily.
- DEET – Apply DEET, an insect repellant, when outside.
- Make a fashion statement – Wear long pants and hiking boots when you are outside. It is also best to tuck pant legs into your socks. A look that your neighbors will surely follow!
Do it yourself flea treatments can be effective. However, we would like to warn you that flea exterminating is a difficult task and more often than not should be done by a professional exterminating company like Northwest Exterminating. When getting rid of fleas yourself, keep in mind that fleas can lay up to 50 eggs per day. Only 5% of the flea population is on your dog or other household pets, the rest have fallen off in and around your home.
DIY Flea Treatments:
Disclaimer: Northwest Exterminating does not encourage the use of the following treatments. We strongly recommend that all instructions are carefully followed on packaging of the following products and hold no liability for the following DIY treatments. Please contact a doctor, veterinarian and a professional pest control company before trying any of these treatments.
- Borax powder – Sprinkle borax powder on your carpet (always do a test patch before treating your whole carpet) and let sit for approximately 24 hours. Vacuum and immediately seal and dispose of vacuum bag. Repeat until fleas are gone.
- Water & Dish Soap – Put ½”-1” of water in shallow dish with a squirt of liquid dish soap. Put the dish directly under a lamp or some other form of light. The fleas are drawn to the light and heat which causes them to jump in the water. The soap makes it difficult for the fleas to move and they will eventually drown. Do this for several days until there are no new fleas found in your dish. Continue for a few days to make sure they are gone. Placing several soap and water dishes around the home where fleas are suspected gives you a better chance of getting rid of the fleas faster.
If you have tried DIY flea control methods without any luck, a pest control professional is your best option. A good exterminating company will be knowledgeable about flea prevention and treatment and should treat your home until fleas are gone.
If you’re looking for flea control in the Atlanta, Savannah, Nashville, or Columbus areas Northwest Exterminating is your best choice. Visit us at callnorthwest.com or call at 888.466.7849
Have you tried any of these DIY flea treatments?