Living in South Florida can come with many perks, including lots of sunshine and beautiful ocean views. Unfortunately, it can also come with termites! These silent destroyers can cause significant damage to your home from the inside out. There are several treatment options out there to help keep termites under control, including the Sentricon Always Active® system. Here is more information on subterranean termites, along with ways to prevent and eliminate them.
What are Subterranean Termites?
Let’s talk about these stealthy troublemakers! Subterranean termites are the most common type of termite found in residential areas. They thrive in moist soil and create underground colonies, where they build intricate tunnel systems to access sources of food. Their damage can go unseen for years, hence the nickname, Silent Destroyers.
How to Prevent Subterranean Termites:
- Remove Moisture from Home: Subterranean termites love moisture, so keep an eye on areas prone to dampness, such as crawlspaces and basements. Ensure proper ventilation and address any leaks or water issues promptly. By eliminating excess moisture, you’re making your home less attractive to termites.
- Protect your Home’s Foundation: Keep some space between your home and the landscaping.
- Conduct Regular Inspections: In between your yearly termite inspection, you should be conducting one of your own. Here are the most prominent signs of subterranean termites in your home:
- Mud tubes or tunnels on walls
- Swarming termites and their discarded wings
- Wood damage, like hollow sounding wood, sagging or buckling floors, or warped paint
- Frass or termite droppings near wooden structures
When it comes to termite control for subterranean termites, Sentricon Always Active® baiting system stands out as a highly effective and eco-friendly solution. The stations are strategically placed around your property, forming a protective barrier.
Once termites find the bait, they take it back to their colony for complete elimination. Having Sentricon Always Active® installed for your home ensures continuous protection against subterranean termites, year-round. Our team of experts regularly monitor the bait systems, keeping the efficacy as accurate as possible.
By implementing simple prevention measures you can lessen the chances of these termites taking over. If you’re ready for the experts to get involved, give your local pest control company a call today for a FREE inspection!
Termites can cause significant and expensive structural damage to your business. What is even worse is that these pests can go undetected for a prolonged period, and it can be a long, tiring process to get rid of them. With the Sentricon System with Always Active technology, your business is protected not just against individual termites but from the entire termite colony.
The Sentricon System is installed in the soil of your business’ property. The system is eco-friendly, with bait containing an active ingredient that is safe for the groundwater and plants around it. After the installation, termites will find the system and then tell the other termites in the colony, where they all begin to feed on the active ingredient. Unlike regular liquid termite treatments, the Sentricon System works to eliminate the entire termite colony instead of the individual termites.
The Sentricon System is a perfect eco-friendly solution to eliminate termites and prevent infestation. The system works throughout the year, to give you peace of mind that your business is safe and that you can keep providing services to the ones that matter most, your customers.
Call our Commercial Services Team today at (866) 731-3856 for more information on the Sentricon System and set up a free inspection.
Spring is the time of year when termites swarm, emerging to mate and establish new colonies. Unfortunately, these new colonies are often established inside our homes. An average of 5 million US homes are infested each year by termites, causing an average of $5 billion in damage annually. What many people don’t realize is that termite damage isn’t covered by homeowner’s insurance policies. What’s a homeowner to do? One thing to consider is the Sentricon Always Active bait system for termite control. Sentricon is a highly effective, environmentally responsible treatment option for termites. What is included with the Sentricon system?
- Immediate Prevention. Sentricon bait is scientifically engineered to naturally enter the termite food chain and destroy both the queen and her entire colony. Sentricon begins working immediately upon installation.
- Home Termite Inspection. When you have Sentricon installed, a comprehensive property inspection is performed checking for signs of existing or previous termite infestations and damage.
- Bait Station Installation. Bait stations containing Recruit HD termite bait are installed in the soil around your home’s perimeter.
- Termite Colony Elimination. Recruit HD termite bait works 24/7 to protect your home from termites and damage.
- Continuous Monitoring. Bait stations are monitored as needed to protect your home against future termite invasions.
- Annual Termite Inspections. Annual interior home inspections for termites and pests are included at no additional charge.
- Lifetime Termite Warranty. Every installation of The Sentricon System with Always Active comes with a lifetime warranty against termite infestations and damage.
- Green Termite Control. Sentricon Always Active bait, Recruit HD, poses no hazard to groundwater and has no label restrictions for use around wells and cisterns. The Sentricon system was registered under the Reduced Risk Pesticide Initiative of the US Environmental Protection Agency and is the only termite control product ever to receive the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award.
If you suspect you have a termite problem contact a professional pest control company who can provide you with a thorough inspection and recommend a comprehensive termite treatment and prevention plan.