It’s a question that people always ask themselves. “Why do mosquitoes seem to like me better than everyone else?” It’s not in your head…mosquitoes are more attracted to some people than others. Mosquito season is right around the corner so it’s important to know what is drawing these blood-suckers your way.
Signals that attract mosquitoes:
- Body heat – blood circulation causes your body to radiate heat
- Carbon dioxide – if you’re breathing, you’re producing it
- Movement – when objects move, they produce changes in waves of light that act as signals for mosquitoes
- Smell – sweating, exercising or eating/drinking certain foods (beer is a big culprit) produces lactic acid which is an attractant
- Color – mosquitoes are attracted to dark colors, the darker your clothing, the more likely you are to be bothered
According to scientists, just one of these attractants isn’t enough for mosquitoes to react – a combination of these attractants is what gets the mosquitoes surrounding you.
Mosquitoes are known to spread diseases. Northwest Exterminating‘s Green Mosquito Control can protect you and your family from their bites. Call us at 888.466.7849 or visit us online for more information.