We recently discussed the importance of having an inspection prior to receiving a pest control treatment (HERE). We thought we would continue with the discussion by letting you know what you should expect during a pest control inspection from an exterminator.
What to expect during a pest control inspection:
- A highly trained pest management professional should be neatly and professionally dressed.
- The exterminator should arrive in a well marked vehicle that clearly states what pest management company they are representing.
- A thorough pest control inspection should include both inside and outside inspection of the structure. This will target common “hot spots”, or entry points, for insects, rodents, and other pests. Common entry points are bathrooms, kitchens, garages, attics, and crawlspaces.
- Along with checking for entry points, the pest control representative will check for conducive conditions that would attract pests.
- An exterminators best friend is their flash light. The flashlight helps them to locate and see insects and harborage areas around the structure. Other common tools that may be used: telescope mirror, moisture meter, and a probing tool.
- Following the inspection, the inspector will review their findings and create a customizable treatment plan that is best suited for the needs of the structure. The customized treatment plan will include how to exclude points of entry, eliminate conducive conditions, and a personalized pest control management plan for ongoing protection.
Getting rid of bugs is important to you and Northwest Exterminating. We want you to know what you should expect out of our highly trained technicians when they inspect your home or business. For more information about pest control visit us online at www.callnorthwest.com.
Northwest Exterminating offers FREE inspections. Call 888.466.7849 or visit our website for your FREE, no obligation inspection.
If you think that you work hard, think again, you have nothing on THE TERMITE! Termites are working hard, 24/7, to find food. Unfortunately for us, their food is the very wood that we use to build homes. Your home is your biggest asset and you shouldn’t compromise the structural integrity of your home by allowing termites to feed and cause damage. Termites cause up to $5 billion in damage each year and their damage is typically not covered under homeowners’ insurance. This can be an expensive out-of-pocket cost.
Termites show up around your home in early March and hang around until June. A lot of termite damage can be done in this time. It is best to have a professional exterminating company provide you with termite control that will get rid of termites that are in your home and prevent new termites from coming in. Northwest Exterminating is one of the few termite control companies that offer warranties along with our termite treatments. Retreatment & Repair warranties or a Lifetime Termite Warranty are both offered by Northwest Exterminating. Our highly trained representatives will conduct a FREE termite inspection on your home and create a customized treatment plan that is best suited for the needs of you and your home.
Keep an eye out for signs that termites may be invading your home. Look for rotting wood, mud tunnels, or shed wings on both the inside and outside of your home, paying close attention to doors and windowsills. Ensure that there is no water gathering near the foundation of your home. Not only will it serve as an invite to termites but other pests such as silverfish, mosquitoes, and many others. Inspect all raw lumber or firewood before you bring it into your home for signs of termites.
For a FREE inspection of your home visit our website or call us at 888.466.7849. Make sure that your home is protected from termites.