SPRING!! Its finally here. After a cold and wet winter were all ready for the warm weather. The lake, the pool, the cookouts, the Atlanta Bravesthese are what spring is about in Georgia. This is the time of year where we spend time with friends and family just enjoying the outdoors. Unfortunately, this is also the time of year when those pesky MOSQUITOES show back up.
Interesting facts on mosquitoes:
- Carbon dioxide draws mosquitoes from up to 30 yards away.
- Only female mosquitoes feed on our blood. (easy with the comments men!!)
- Blood is used by the females to mature eggs prior to laying. Blood has no nutritional value to a mosquito.
- Most adult mosquitoes live 2-3 weeks. Some species that live in garages, culverts and attics can live for 6 months.
- Not only can mosquitoes be an annoyance but they can also be a health hazard. They are known to pass some blood-born illnesses from one victim to another.
- Mosquitoes are attracted to aquatic situations. After all of the rain we experienced this past year they will surely be attracted to the standing water that we are experiencing.
- The majority of bites occur during dusk, dawn and at night. You can take precautions during this time by dressing in light, loose fitting clothes and using an insect repellant on exposed skin areas.
Northwest Exterminating offers an effective Mosquito Reduction Program that features monthly treatments by a licensed professional. Most mosquitoes that breed around your home stay in a 300ft zone-thats why Northwest uses a highly targeted approach. Our program includes a property inspection to identify mosquito breeding/resting sites, application of treatment to target mosquito hatching areas (standing water) and application of treatment to mosquito resting areas (shrubs, ivy, tall grass, shaded areas). Call NORTHWEST EXTERMINATING today to sign up for our Mosquito Reduction Program!