It’s summer time and BBQ season is in full effect. Naturally, your family and friends aren’t the only ones attracted to the smell of something good on the grill. We at Northwest Exterminating provide extensive treatments for mosquitos, fleas & ticks and other creepy crawlers that may want to stop by. However, being proactive in small ways can add to the benefits of pest and mosquito control. Below is a list of tips to help you keep your BBQ guests from getting bugged!
- Keep your outdoor dining area clean. For instance, flies hate the scent of Pine-sol. Mix it with water and put it in a spray bottle to use to wipe down the porch and furniture.
- Place a fan near your BBQ area. This moderate breeze will blow tiny insects off-track
- If you have a more serious mosquito problem, use a fogger in the BBQ area before the event and make sure to spray bushes as well.
- Tiki torches, citronella candles or insecticide candles should go around the edge of your BBQ area, though guests will have to be mindful if you choose to go this route.
- Screen tents are a useful means of protecting food and guests.
- Keep food inside and have guests serve themselves indoors before coming outdoors to eat.
- Bug spray is useful plus and there should be enough for each guest to use.
- Call Northwest!