As the weather continues to pull you and your family towards more outdoor activities, the chances of getting bug bites increases. Here are some tips to prevent these bites and stings, and get back to enjoying your summer:
- Use EPA-registered mosquito repellant. Always make sure to follow the precautions and instructions carefully.
- Since mosquitoes are attracted to standing water, keep pools treated appropriately and keep the water circulating, and reduce or remove any other areas that accumulate water – bird baths, toys, buckets, flower pots, etc.
- Have your yard sprayed monthly for mosquitoes with professional mosquito control treatments – the best way to reduce mosquitoes and prevent mosquito bites.
Fleas & Ticks
- Avoid walking through tall grass. Be sure to keep grass cut low during the summer.
- Treat pets with year-round preventatives to prevent flea and ticks bites and infestations.
- If walking in wooded areas, wear light-colored clothing, long pants, and closed-toed shoes.
- Keep vegetation and trash bins away from your home.
- If you spot nests in your yard, call your local exterminator to perform an inspection and provide a fire ant control plan, and keep away from mounds – especially young children and pets.
Treating bug bites and stings can put a damper on any outdoor activity. If you have issues with biting/stinging pests, call (866) 616-0862 or request a free pest inspection from your local pest control company.