With the start of a new year, you may have begun to purge your home of unnecessary items or mapped out a major cleanup day. While the most lived in rooms are probably on your radar – the kitchen, bathroom, living room, and bedrooms – areas like your basement and attic can become catch all-areas or forgotten altogether. These neglected spaces are then susceptible to pest invasions and other home issues.
Prevent Pests with these Basement & Attic Pest Control Tips:
- Inspect insulation around your basement. Replace weather-stripping, seal any cracks and crevices, and repair any mortar that is found to be loose.
- When moving stored items to your basement or attic, consider utilizing plastic, sealed containers that are raised off the floor. Cardboard boxes tend to attract pests while plastic bins will deter them from settling inside your stored items.
- To cut down on moisture and areas of standing water, consider investing in a moisture barrier for your crawlspace and a gutter protection system to make sure water is not filtering to your crawlspace/basement area.
- Proper attic insulation is key to keeping pests and wildlife out of your home. While sealing any entry points is a great start, investing in TAP Attic Insulation not only acts as pest control, but can also lower your utility costs significantly.
These tips are only part of your healthy home journey. Schedule a pest inspection with a licensed exterminator, who can identify current pest issues, potential pest threats in the future, and provide a personalized pest control plan for ongoing prevention.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Pest Control: Where Do Pests Go In The Winter?
Wildlife Control: Sneaky Wildlife – Possums and Raccoons
Lawn Care: 10 Ways To Care For Your Lawn In Extreme Heat
Termite Control: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Termites
Is Green Pest Control Worth The Investment?
Green pest control provides an eco-conscious option to traditional pest control and is especially beneficial in homes and businesses that house the young, the elderly, pets, and those with compromised immune systems or allergies. But are they really effective?
The answer is yes. Green pest control typically utilizes botanical and/or earth-based pesticides and a targeted approach when applying them, focusing on eliminating and controlling pest populations through both preventative measures and purposeful product application, based on your specific pest issues.
One important component of any green pest control program is Integrated Pest Management (IPM). IPM doesn’t just focus on eliminating pest populations but also on identifying and getting rid of the environmental factors that are allowing the pests to procreate and thrive, as well as preventative measures to prevent re-entry. IPM can actually cut back significantly on the amount of pesticides used in treatments (by more than 90%!).
Once green pest control companies identify the problem pests and decide that action is required, there are several methods that are used to eliminate them:
- Introduction of natural enemies to reduce or eliminate the population
- Installing barriers to entry (such as screens)
- Employing mechanical control techniques (like traps)
- Using pesticides as a last resort (carefully applied to be as safe as possible)
Once you make the decision to invest in a green pest control program, contact an exterminator near you, and they will provide you with the following:
- A customized plan: A customized pest control program using only the most innovative and advanced pest control products and equipment available
- No harsh chemicals: Pest control products whose active ingredients are derived from flowers, plants, and natural elements from the earth
- Service guarantee: Follow up visits in between regularly scheduled pest control services, if needed, at no additional cost to you
- Integrated pest management: Plan, inspection, pest identification, ongoing perimeter protection, and continuous communication from your exterminator
- Highly trained technicians: Exterminators who are experts in green pest control methods
- Whole home pest protection: Pest protection that is environmentally friendly both inside your home and outside, that covers common household pests such as ants, spiders, roaches, mice, centipedes, millipedes, silverfish, and earwigs
You May Also Be Interested In:
Wildlife Control: Unusual Winter Wildlife
What Are Your Termite Treatment Options?
Pest Control: Does The Weather Affect Pests?
Exterminating: The Last Of The Creepy Crawlers
Fall Lawn Care
Although summer may be coming to an end, that doesn’t necessarily mean that pest season is. In fact, as temperatures start to cool down, pests will start to look for places to hide indoors for the winter. Contacting a pest control company now can help you prepare your home for fall and winter pests. Here are a few pest control options in the Lawrenceville, GA area:
- Gwinnett Pest Control – With over 50 years of experience and 3 generations of family offering a full range of pest control services.
- Bulwark Pest Control – In business since 1999, this family owned company offers a wide range of pest control and termite services.
- Pyramid Exterminators and Wildlife Control – A family owned and operated company since 1999 offering pest control and wildlife management services.
- Divine Team, Inc – A family owned and operated company with 20+ years of experience offering a full range of residential and commercial pest control services.
How do you choose the best pest control company for you? You can rely on word of mouth, Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, and past experience to name a few. Research is your best resource when it comes to choosing a pest control company.
As always, we hope you will consider calling Northwest Exterminating for any of your pest problems if you’re in the Lawrenceville or surrounding area, as we have locations to service most parts of Georgia. However, our biggest goal is for you to find the right pest solution for you. Feel free to check out more on our website to identify your pests and to determine what pest solutions are out there for your home, or get started by calling (888) 466-7849 or filling out the Free Estimate form below.
For years, DEET has been the “go-to” insect repellant recommended by everyone from Doctors to pest control companies. But recently, reports have come out that although they deter insects at first, they learn to ignore it and will go on to bite anyways. Specifically, mosquitoes, are thought to be getting more and more resistant to the substance.
It just goes to show how adaptive insects and animals really are. That is why Northwest Exterminating, and other pest control companies, need to constantly be on the cutting edge of technology.
You can read the full article by clicking here.