Noises in Your Attic? Could be a raccoon.
Raccoons are one of the most charismatic species of animals found in North America. They are said to be very intelligent; they can remember the solution to tasks up to three years later.
- 16 to 28 inches in length
- Weighs 8 to 20 lbs
- Grayish in color with white and black facial markings
- Superb ability to adapt to changing environmental conditions.
- Common residents in cities, towns, and suburbs.
- Will live in hollowed out trees, caves, or even an attic or garage if they find one available.
- Consume both animal and plant matter.
- Diet varies with locality, season, and availability.
- Commonly raid gardens, garbage cans, bird feeders, fish-ponds, and even kitchen cabinets.
- Have been known to use door knobs which makes cabinet doors fair game.
- A pet door is an open invitation into a home.
- Provide an exclusion barrier where needed.
- Live cages around garbage cans.