Bed Bug Awareness Week
This week (April 20-26) is Bed Bug Awareness Week. It’s a week to spread awareness about bed bugs and what people can do to prevent bed bug infestations.
It’s no secret that bed bugs are one of the hardest pests to control, even by pest professionals. They are easily transported by hiding in handbags, luggage, etc., are quick to reproduce, and can be difficult to see with the naked eye. Even though they can be difficult to treat, rest assured, that they can be treated by a knowledgeable, highly trained pest control professional.
Throughout the next few months people will begin to travel more and it is important that people are educated and aware of the steps to take to prevent bed bugs. This is where Bed Bug Awareness Week and Northwest Exterminating come in to help!
What can you do to prevent bed bugs?
- Be aware of what bed bugs look like (here).
- When traveling, do not put luggage on the bed or on the floor. Use a luggage rack.
- Pull back the corner of the mattress cover to check mattress seams for signs of bed bugs.
- Check sheets and pillows for signs of bed bugs.
- When returning home, leave luggage outside and wash all clothes in hot water.
- Contact a pest professional if you think you may have a bed bug infestation in your home. A highly trained professional will be able to quickly identify the problem and develop a customized solution for your infestation.
For more tips on how to prevent bed bugs visit our past blogs for helpful tips: