The various species of Carpenter Ants are the largest domestic species of ants. The most common species is the Black Carpenter Ant, Camponotus pennsylvanicus.
- Carpenter Ants are black
- 1/4 to almost 1 inch
- Carpenter ants are nocturnal and will exit their nest galleries 15 minutes after sunset in large numbers
- Frequently form satellite colonies within structures near moisture or heat sources
- Carpenter ants invade kitchens during the summer months in search of food and water
- Can invade the structure if moisture damage is present
- Granular baits applied around the perimeter of the structure and within the landscape work well to eliminate carpenter ants
- Gel baits applied along known trail locations
- Perimeter treatments with non-repellent products
We have service centers throughout Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and South Carolina.
Service Centers: M-F 7:30AM - 5:00PM
Customer Care: M-F 6:30AM - 5:30PM