Acrobat ants will tunnel into foam and water-damaged wood. Odd piles of sawdust found inside a home can indicate acrobat ants.
- Acrobat ants are dark colored
- 1/8 inch in size
- Heart-shaped abdomen that will be held up in the air like a flag when it is disturbed
- Acrobat ants frequently nest inside decaying wood
- Form single file trails
- Often leave behind small sawdust piles that resemble those of carpenter ants
- If bitten, acrobat ants will produce a mild sting
- May move into attics to incubate eggs and brood
- Will tunnel into water-damaged wood
Granular bait around the perimeter of the structure work well to treat acrobat ants
Perimeter spray with a non-repellent product
We have service centers throughout Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and South Carolina.
Service Centers: M-F 7:30AM - 5PM
Customer Care: M-F 6:30AM - 5:30PM